Monday, November 17, 2008

Lessons from Israel, Part 2. My words to Christ

You are my King.
You are my King.
Jesus, You are my King.
Jesus, You are my King.


One memory I will never forget is singing "Amazing Love" with 50 other saints in the Garden next to the tomb where Jesus was buried and rose from. I remember thinking "I’m sitting in Jerusalem, God’s chosen city where His chosen people live proclaiming to Jesus 'You are MY King' and they don’t get it". It was like I was saying, "Jesus the Jews may not know that you are their King but I know you are MINE!" The people who He came for, the people that He brought the Kingdom of God to earth for, the ones who looked for a king for generations – they missed the King. As I was sitting in the place where Christ's body was after He had just taken on the sin of the world and I was proclaiming “you are my King”. That’s huge! And of course, Jesus is King whether I say He is or not but I understand what a meaningful statement that is to Him. I had no idea.

No comments: