Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Story of Gege: Part 2, The Bishop's Wife

...continued from yesterday. This is part 2 of the 5 part blog sharing the story of the Christmas party I got to be a part of in Swaziland.

After a few emails were sent and 3 days had passed $1500 had come in to fund the Christmas party. We raised $2500 total. $1600 of it went to buying food and drinks for the party and gifts for the orphans and elderly. The rest went toward paying for school fees for some of the children, blessing the Zwanes, and providing food and clothes for the famililes of the two of the girls on the Cherish team.

When I was trying to figure out how to get the funds over to them for the party I felt like the Lord was prompting me to go over and deliver it. After much prayer, godly counsel, and the use of my Delta Sky Miles, I landed in Swaziland once again. This time with the objective to care for orphans and widows.
Is she not the most precious thing you have seen there on her knees before her Savior? Behind this precious woman of God is her husband, the bishop over all of the Apostolic Faith churches in Swaziland. I'm not sure how old the wife is but her husband is 91. She is just one example of the elderly people that were helped by the Christmas gift she received.
Days leading up to trip Make Zwane kept expressing her excitement about the Bishop's wife coming to the party. I found out the bishop's wife had not been to church in many months because of how ill she was. Make Zwane wanted me to shake everyone's hand and then give them their Christmas gift of food, candles, and soap. As you can see above the bishop's wife could barely get up off the bench she was sitting on to shake my hand but you better believe she was worshiping her Jesus during the singing and dancing of praise and worship. *Watch the below video to see the bishop's wife dance to her Jesus. In the still shot, she is the one on the right. In the video, Make Zwane is the one on the microphone and the first person you see to her left is the bishop's wife*

This precious daughter of the King of Kings had to be lifted up from where she was sitting by 2 other ladies in order for her to shake my hand. So many of the elderly at Make Zwane's church are so weak from not getting enough to eat that they no longer have the strength to walk to church. Transportation was arranged for them for the party.
Make Zwane was so humbled and overwhelmed by the generosity of the people in the States who gave she wanted to say thank you herself. When I first told her how much was raised she just kept yelling "Amen, Hallelujah". Don't miss at the end she says that the 91-year-old bishop said "I have never seen anything like this". THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I love it, I love it, I love it! P.s. I added you to my Blogroll:)