Thursday, January 1, 2009

Swaziland, Part III

...continued from " more pics of Swaziland"


I was surprised at how many things had already changed in the just the three short months I had been gone. I love Swaziland but most things are on "Swazi time" so i couldn't believe a new coffee shop had been built and opened. Me and Julia had a sweet time of fellowship at Cafe Lingo one morning. Pray for Julia as she is getting ready to move back to the States after a two year stay in Swaziland.







This is precious Dolly and the children God has given her to minister to. I first met Dolly when I moved to Swaziland in 2006 because she cleaned my house at the time but I soon fell in love with her. Dolly still cleans houses but she lives in a very poor area just a few miles from the capital city and she began to notice there were lots of children who were not attending school. Most of the parents were not able to pay their children's school fees so the kids just sat at home. Dolly went to her chief and asked if she could begin meeting with the children. I will never forget when Dolly says "I don't know a lot but I can teach the children how to at least write their names." Dolly has done so much more than that - she has brought hope to these children. We took a kombi ( a 15 passenger van used for public transport) to where she meets the children and they were all just waiting for her by the tree. The following week she was going to have a Christmas party for them and she was so excited. This is really what the Lord has created her to do and she comes alive with her kids.






I also went and visited Phumlile's (from the Cherish team) homestead (traditional rural home). I adore her family. I took the team that came from RiverLakes Church this August to meet her family and you can ask any of the team members how precious this family is. I am always overwhelmed by their humility and joy. This is Phumlile's little sister, Makhosi - oh, i miss their sweet smiles.






...still more to come

No comments: